Go farther with a nursing degree from the University of La Verne.
We understand the critical role nurses play in optimal health and well-being and offer a differentiated approach to nursing education. If you are an RN wishing to advance your career with new knowledge and leadership skills, we offer a Post-Licensure RN-BSN degree with skills that help nurses go farther and make a greater impact.
Quality, Accessible Private Nursing Education
To facilitate a better educated workforce our BS degree completion program, provide additional education to license registered nurses (RNs). We provide a quality nursing education program easily accessible via our Blackboard LMS. Because we understand the needs of adult learners who value flexibility in nursing education, our 2025-2026 strategic plan includes goals to offer two additional undergraduate programs: Pre-licensure BSN and an accelerated BSN (ABSN) hybrid.
Our Differentiation is Your Competitive Edge
We teach our nursing students person-centered nursing care:
- A holistic nursing practice that considers the biological, emotional, and socio-economic factors of the person.
- A philosophy of providing care that is respectful of and responsive to individual patient preferences, needs, and values and ensuring that patient values guide all clinical decisions (IOM, 2005).
- An individualized, goal-oriented, community-based health assessment and care plan of the person’s preferences.
These are highly marketable clinical practice skills that enables our BSN-prepared graduates to perform holistic nursing care with their culturally diverse patients and communities they serve.
Our Students are Well-Suited to Serve Diverse Populations
As a Hispanic-Serving Institution (HSI) with a culturally diverse student population, our students and BSN graduates are prepared to provide culturally competent person-centered nursing care. Our faculty teach the impact of Social Determinants of Health (SDOH), and vital role of nurses addressing SDOH in communities.
Program Degree Highlights
- Flexible online courses: learn when, where, and how you want
- Eight (8) core nursing courses, including a PHN 90-hour community-based practicum
- Student-centric learning environments
- Knowledgeable, caring and experienced advanced practice nursing faculty
- Scholarly projects
- Academic Advisors and Career Support Services
- Financial aid / scholarship opportunities
- Academic writing skills at the master’s level are essential for producing high-quality and original research papers.