The University of La Verne’s Psychology Department invites applications for a full-time, tenure-track Associate Professor/Full Professor to begin with the 2023-2024 academic year as a core faculty and Program Chair of the Marriage and Family Therapy (MFT) Program.
Qualifications for the position:
- Doctoral degree in marriage and family therapy, counseling psychology, or clinical psychology from a COAMFTE, CACREP, or APA Accredited program;
- Completion of an accredited internship;
- Clinical licensure or license eligibility within three years of hire as a Psychologist or Marriage and Family Therapist in the state of California;
- Demonstrated graduate teaching experience.
Primary consideration for:
- Applicants with AAMFT Approved Supervisor status or eligibility and willingness to obtain the credential;
- Applicants with an active research program;
- Applicants with experience in administration and accreditation processes.
Specific duties include:
- Management and implementation of the academic and administrative aspects of the MFT program on a 12-month basis working closely with the department chair on most aspects of the program;
- Providing leadership in possible new directions for the MFT program;
- Teaching 4 courses per year in the MFT program in the areas of program need;
- Conducting and publishing research;
- Providing advisement and mentoring;
- Service on committees in the department, college, and university.
The MFT Program has met the requirements of the California Board of Behavioral Sciences for over 40 years. There is an expectation of quality teaching and scholarship in a comprehensive liberal arts university with commitment to multiculturalism and a diverse student body. Women, BIPOC, persons with disabilities, and persons from historically underrepresented groups who can contribute to the mission of increasing diversity at the faculty level are encouraged to apply. The salary range is dependent upon qualifications and departmental equity. Benefits of employment include a comprehensive health and welfare plan, tuition remission program for employee, spouse and dependent children, and an 8% contribution to the university’s 403(b) retirement plan.
Review of applications will begin November 15, 2022 and continue until the position is filled. To apply, please visit https://laverne.peopleadmin.com/postings/10716. Applicants should submit a cover letter describing their teaching philosophy and research agenda, curriculum vita, representative publications, diversity statement, evidence of teaching experience, and a list of three professional references. The diversity statement should include their interpretation of diversity, inclusion, and equity along with examples of how their educational, professional and background/philosophy affirm the core values of diversity and inclusivity.
The University of La Verne is a comprehensive private university founded in 1891 and located in the foothills of the San Gabriel Mountains about 35 miles east of Los Angeles. The university is designated as a Hispanic Serving Institution (HSI). The Psychology Department is committed to teaching and scholarly excellence, values a multicultural psychology perspective, fosters a collegial learning community and actively strives to incorporate cultural diversity and multiculturalism into its mission. Over half of the department is engaged in and/or has published multicultural-related research. We welcome students, faculty, and staff from diverse ethnic, cultural, religious, sexual orientation, age, and ability backgrounds. Learn more about the university at laverne.edu.